Sunday, August 19, 2012

Just for starters...

I have made my living all my life in the powersports industry, and much of it on the inside, as it were. To start things off on our review of manufacturer's little-known foibles, Bombardier, the maker of (the world's largest selling) Sea-Doo personal watercraft, Ski-Doo snowmobiles and the new Can-Am Commander side-by-side, once put in a technical training PowerPoint "hp is the amount of work done by the engine," a fallacy as any first semester physics student knows. Hp is the *rate* at which work is done, not the amount. Honda once described in Euro tech training materials grounded ignition coils on their 1980s road bikes. This is erroneous. DC ignition coils do not need a ground, a fact I was pleased to demonstrate to my students every new training term when a votech instructor. Kawasaki made the same mistake ten years later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home